Cucumber Mint Quick Pickles
- 3 Kirby Cucumbers
- ½ lb Jicama
- 2 teaspoons Salt
- 1 cup Mint Leaves
- 1 cup Water
- 1 cup Brown Rice Vinegar
- 2 tbs Whole Cumin
- 1 tbs Peppercorn
- 1 puck Palm Sugar
- Slice the veggies into whatever shape tickles you. Shred the mint.
- In a colander, toss the veggies with 2 teaspoons salt. Let the veggies sit for 10-15 minutes while you prepare the pickling solution. The salt will start to draw moisture out of the vegetables.
- Mix the mint, water, vinegar, spices and sugar in a sauce pan. Bring the solution to a boil, then reduce the heat and let simmer for five minutes.
- Pack the veggies into your jars (I used two wide-mouth 12-ounce jars).
- Pour the warm pickling solution into the jars until it is covering the vegetables.
- Allow the jars to sit open until the liquid has cooled, this can be done in the refrigerator.
- Screw on the tops and eat within the week.