Penne with Creamy Tomato Sauce
Dudes. Make this for your special someone. Valentine’s Day is coming up and it’s time to put up or shut up. This dish packs everything into one skillet: Veggies, Pasta, Cheese. Duh. It isn’t hard to make, but if you need to practice you can come cook for me.
Put on some nice clothes first.
- 3 cups Imagine Organic Vegetable Broth
- 8 ounces (one package) DeBoles Gluten Free Multi-Grain Penne
- 3 tablespoons Spectrum Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 cloves Garlic, sliced thinly
- ½ teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- ½ cup Fresh Basil Leaves, sliced into ribbons
- 2 medium Zucchini (~1 pound), cut in half and sliced
- ½ teaspoon Hain Sea Salt (one big pinch)
- 1 jar Tomato Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Heavy Cream
- ¼ cup Parmigiano-Reggiano Cheese, grated
- In a medium sauce pan bring the veggie broth to a boil. Add the pasta and cook for 7-10 minutes, or until al dente. Drain the pasta and set aside. If you overcook your pasta I’m not coming to dinner.
- While the pasta is cooking heat the oil in a large skillet until rippling. Add the sliced garlic and stir until golden brown. Add the red pepper flakes, give the pan a shake and then toss in the shredded basil.
- Add the sliced zucchini and salt to the pan and saute until slightly browned, about 7 minutes.
- Pour the tomato sauce over the zucchini and cook for 5-10 minutes, let the flavores collide.
- If you eat dairy, stir in the cream and cheese. If not, forget it, this dish is spectacular without them!
- Add the cooked pasta to your sauce and stir until heated through.
- Serve to a special friend. With wine and a smile.