Roasted Broccoli, or Alive in Alabama
- 2 heads Broccoli
- 1 head garlic
- 3-4 tbs olive oil
- Salt, pepper, spices
- Heat your oven to 500 degrees.
- Cut the crowns from the stems and split them into edible pieces.
- Peel the stems (the outer skin is tough as bark) and cut them into sitcks.
- Pop the skins off an entire head of garlic cloves.
- Toss the broccoli and garlic into a roasting tray (in one layer if possible) and drizzle with oilve oil. Sprinkle salt and pepper and whatever other flavors you might want to clear out of your dessicated spice rack.
- Roast everything for 20-30 minutes, or until the broccoli is blackened on the edges and crispy-dark. Remove from the oven and try not to eat it before you get the dish to your table for dinner.