Roasted Garlic Hummus
Free of Gluten, Dairy, Soy, Eggs. Vegan.
- 1 15-ounce can Garbanzo Beans (Chickpeas)
- ⅓-½ cup Olive Oil (depends on your preferred texture)
- ⅓ cup Tahini
- Juice of one Lemon
- 1 head Roasted Garlic (need help? see below)
- 1 clove Fresh Garlic
- ½ teaspoon Hot Paprika
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ½ teapsoon Pepper
- Ready? Put everything in a food processor. Turn it on. Wait. Turn it off. Eat.
Yield: ~1 pint
Prep. Time: 5 minutes
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Split a head of garlic from side to side, not from top to bottom. The goal is to cut the cloves in half through their midsection. Do this to a bunch of heads of garlic at once and store the rewards in olive oil in your fridge. You’ll find ways to use them. I promise.
- Place the split heads of garlic in a roasting pan and drizzle lightly with olive oil, just enough to cover the exposed garlic flesh.