Free of Gluten, Dairy, Processed Sugar, Corn
- 1 cup Almond Meal
- 2/3 cup Rice Flour
- 1/2 cup Tapioca Flour
- 1/3 cup Garbanzo Bean Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/8 teaspoon Xanthan Gum
- 3/4 cup Rice Bran Oil (or melted and cooled Coconut Oil)
- 2/3 cup Granulated Palm Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- Zest and Juice of 1/2 Lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 8 ounce jar of your favorite Jam (no sugar added please!)
*My faves? Apricot and Raspberry
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk together all the dry ingredients, make sure everything is blended well!
- In a separate bowl cream the oil and sugar.
- Add the eggs, lemon zest, lemon juice and vanilla and whisk until everything is incorporated.
- Working in batches, stir the dry ingredients into the wet mixture.
- Using a small cookie scoop (or a tablespoon measure) drop balls of dough onto greased cookie sheets.
- Put the trays of cookies into your oven for 5 minutes.
- Take the trays out, and make a thumbprint in the center of each cookie. The cookies will be hot, so you may want to use a thumb-alternative. Our favorite trick? Use a clean wine cork-it makes the perfect dimple!
- Scoop about 1 teaspoon of jam into the thumbprint of each cookie and slide the trays back into the oven for another 10 minutes, or until the cookies are brown around the edges.
- Let the cookies cool for five minutes on the tray before removing them to a cooling rack.
Prep. Time: 10-15 minutes
Baking Time: 15-20 minutes
Yield: 24 cookies